26 Mar 2009

3D High School Musical, Cheerleader's Dress Cake

High School Musical, cheerleader dress birthday cake for a six year old. Bottom 3 layers are chocolate sponge,
top 3 layers are vanilla sponge sandwiched together with buttercream
and carved into shape.
The number 6 is handmade out of fondant and decorated with gold balls and sprayed with edible lacquer to gloss it up a little.
The cake stands 23 cm's high.
The SMD on the shirt is the little girls initials (obviously!) Hope she likes it!!! This will be my last cake now, for probably a couple of months but I really did enjoy this one!
Different angles of the cake with candles added These are four stages of the cake making/modeling

3 comments:

James ~n~ Amber said...

I know I commented on Flickr, but this is just so fabulous ! My daughter would so love this, but we went with a circus theme for her birthday this year. Truly amazing !

SweetThingsTO said...

Wow - this is a great idea for a high school musical themed cake. It looks great! I love your 4 stages!

Brandy L said...

Wow that is gorgeous. Do you have cardboard between any layers of the cake? Was it able to stand up that high by itself?